Stimulus Update: Other Ways You Could Get More Money In 2021
The Wealth Gang team writes about financial information, passive income ideas, apps, programs, cash management tools and other wealth gadgets that we think you might want to use or learn more about. Sometimes, we write about products, services or items that might be associated with affiliate partnerships. In these instances, we will earn a small percentage of the revenue from sales. There is, of course, no cost to you.
Thank you for all your support! Without you, we could not keep this site running. Gang Gang!
Are you still waiting for the latest stimulus check?
Hopefully, you won’t be waiting much longer but another stimulus check might not be the only way Americans can benefit from the combined $3 trillion in bills put on the table by President Joe Biden.
If adoesn’t make it through Congress, Americans could still see more money in other ways.
If President Biden and Congress can meet in the middle on the American Jobs Plan and American Families Plan, those two stimulus packages could pass this year with $1 trillion focused on free education and additional money for families.
According to the Washington Post, after the Biden administration completes its infrastructure and jobs plan, it would move on to seek $1 trillion in spending and $500 billion in new tax credits.
Here are the main areas the American Families Plan would focus on:
- Extend the expanded child tax credit through 2025 – The current short-term rate hike is set to expire at the end of this year.
- Two years of tuition-free community college – This proposal extends to new high school graduates, adults, and even some training programs.
- Free prekindergarten instruction – The American Families Plan proposes free pre-K education for 3- and 4-year-olds.
- More affordable child care – Biden’s proposal will make child care more affordable for working families through tax credits and subsidies for child care costs.
- Paid family and medical leave – The president’s proposal calls for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave.
While all of those options would save people money, here are some ways Biden’s plans could help people make more money or hang onto the money they earn.
- Student loan forgiveness of $10,000 or $50,000 – Biden has proposed canceling $10,000 in debt per student and directed the Education Secretary to explore his actual authority with canceling student debt altogether.
- Send a fourth stimulus check (and possibly more rounds) – The topic of a fourth stimulus check is alive and well in Washington.
- Raising the minimum wage to $11-15 per hour
Current Top Offers
Invest in Commercial Real Estate With As Little As $10
Get a $50 bonus for creating and funding a new account
Invest spare change easily. Get $5 when you sign up for Acorns.
Earn an unlimited 1.5% back in Bitcoin on every purchase with the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card.
Put your crypto to work. Get up to a $250 crypto bonus with a transfer of $100 or more in crypto.