How To Make Money In ClickBank
The Wealth Gang team writes about financial information, passive income ideas, apps, programs, cash management tools and other wealth gadgets that we think you might want to use or learn more about. Sometimes, we write about products, services or items that might be associated with affiliate partnerships. In these instances, we will earn a small percentage of the revenue from sales. There is, of course, no cost to you.
Thank you for all your support! Without you, we could not keep this site running. Gang Gang!
How To Make Money In ClickBank
One of the easiest and simplest ways to receive income is to sell other company’s products. This technique is referred to as affiliate marketing. Almost all freelancers and bloggers apply affiliate marketing practices to their online businesses as a core business tactic. Once the income models have been set up correctly, a steady flow of passive income can continue to flow for a long time to come.
An example of affiliate marketing is Clickbank. Many marketers in this field are familiar with Clickbank, but not a lot of them know how they can earn serious money on the platform. In this article, we will layout what ClickBank is all about, why it is legitimate, and the ins and outs of maximizing your profit through this investment.
At the end of the article, we also provide the top training program that has helped thousands be successful using ClickBank in case you want to ramp up your learning and revenue creation.
What Is ClickBank?
ClickBank is an online store that sells millions of digital products such as videos, training programs, e-books, and software created by entrepreneurs from around the world. Think of it as the Amazon of downloadable products.
Affiliate marketers and influencers introduce and sell these products to their readers, followers and customers using email lists, blogs posts, social media links, newsletters and pretty much any other means for connecting with their base. These affiliate marketers make commission based on the agreed upon metric such as click through, a purchase, or some other kind of engagement
Clickbank is the middleman between the affiliates and the product creators and have built a very slick and simple system that doesn’t require complex agreements or paperwork for either parties to get started.
This platform fundamentally fulfills two functions – 1) as an e-commerce avenue for information product owners and 2) as the leading marketplace for affiliates.
As a product owner, you are allowed to input a particular product into the database and ClickBank will be the one in-charged of the e-commerce process and its corresponding affiliate program. To become a seller here, you will have to pay a one-time activation fee of $49.95. This price ensures that low-quality vendors won’t be able to penetrate the digital market.
As an affiliate marketer, you can create unique affiliate links for various products and increase traffic right away. There is no fee or setup required. From here, an affiliate marketer (you) will be able to see your profits in real-time and generate reports.
Is ClickBank legitimate?
Some people might be a little hesitant to try out ClickBank. However, rest assured that this is perfectly legitimate. Although they are not as popular as Amazon Associates Program, which focuses on tangible products, they are the one of the largest digial marketplaces in the world. And still give you top quality products which you can recommend to your readers and viewers.
So why choose ClickBank? Here are some of the reasons why:
- They pay regularly and on-time. You might receive your profit on a weekly or bi-weekly basis depending on your agreement with the company. This is contrary to other affiliate networks which pay you after 30 days of of making a sale. Many companies can struggle with net 30 terms as this can hinder cash-flow. Clickbank understood this and has made simple and fast payment a key cornerstone.
- They also give out high commissions. Many Clickbank products can pay as high as a 70% commission rates. So if you sell a $100 digital product, you can $70 for that sale. Some might see this commission as too good to be true, but if you think about it, these digital products were created once by the creator and now can be sold infinite times at no additional cost (no shipping, production, inventory, etc). So it’s in the creators best interest to get as many advertisers and influencers positioning their product. To do so, they need to offer very lucrative incentives (like high commission rates and even bonus structures). Even if a creator only makes 30%, by playing the volume game this allows them to reap great profits.
- They are also international affiliate friendy. If a customer purchases a product overseas, they can still deposit their payment through Payoneer, a reliable digital wallet. This allows creators to get a huge pool of potential customers and affiliate partners.
- ClickBank is also newbie-friendly. Unlike other affiliate marketers who do are not open into accepting new affiliates, this platform welcomes everyone with open arms. They believe that these people should have the chance to take baby steps on learning how to the operations work.
- They are also known to have a wide range of products since they offer around a thousand items.
Maximizing Your Earnings Through ClickBank
Let us now discuss the nitty-gritty part – the most effective ways to increase your earnings in ClickBank.
Choose The Best Product
Before choosing which niche or product to offer to your clients, make sure to browse the marketplace thoroughly. Start by clicking on the search button on the upper right side of the website. In here, you will see an aggregate list of items from all categories. You will also have the option to sort product by popularity or gravity.
Popularity refers to products that are often bought by the users, while gravity refers to items that have given many affiliates a large amount of profit (therefore considered a proven product). You may visit their corresponding affiliate tools and sales page so you’ll have a brief idea on what approach to use to sell these products to your customers.
Listed below are the main factors which you can take into consideration when presenting your product.
- Interest: Your readers should feel that you have a broad interest and passion for your offered product. In order to really sell a product, you must be able to speak intelligently to it and position the need that your potential customer will have. Choosing a product your have an interest in or some experience with will make the process of learning the product and understanding how to position it a lot more fun.
- Make It A Need: You should look for a product that will give value to your audience. If you feel that it is not a current need, then create a strategy which will make them realize that they really need it in their lives. If you achieve this, you have a potential winner on hand.
- Best Sales Page: The product will not be useful if you won’t be able to send across the message of its benefit. For example, if you read the sales copy from this training course on Working from Home, you’ll see how the author positions the program. It is important to create a clean and convincing sales page.
Increase Your Following
You need to come up with your own strategy to market your offerings to your consumers. This move is to ensure that you build a broad base for your vendors. The more you promote in various platforms, the more people will hear about your product and the more they will buy the item. You can place your affiliate codes in the avenues below:
- Facebook or Google Ads
- YouTube Videos
- Hashtags on Instagram
- Websites or Blogs
- Comment Posting
- Email and Newsletters
For your post to be effective, make sure to write an eye-catching and effective anchor text. This will be your foundation into building your following.
If you want to know more about the ins and outs of posting ads on Facebook, check out Marty Weintraub’s latest book entitled Killer Facebook Ads: Master Cutting-Edge Facebook Marketing Techniques.
Write Product Reviews
Another content marketing strategy you can try is writing product reviews through blogging. More than 50 percent of marketers have made this strategy their number one priority. In here, you may opt to post a written review where you can describe your affiliate service or product. This will let your audience have an idea of what you offer and what makes this product worth their money. Here is an example of one that we’ve written regarding the Income Store.
Create An Effective Funnel
Most ClickBank marketers use the Lander > Opt-in > Offer approach when dealing with their customers. This will enable you to build your email list and increase your online reach. So, how would this marketing funnel look like?
Step 1: Build a creative landing page. You would need a web hosting for this.
Step 2: Create your opt-in forms. Opt-in forms refer to signing pages where you can collect the email addresses of your online visitors.
Step 3: You then look for an email marketing platform which can automatically send emails to everyone on your list. We suggest mailchimp (which is why I use) and gerresponse.com. The content of these emails will contain promotions to your ClickBank products.
Step 4: Send the freebie to their email.
To get a better overview of how a sales funnel work, you may check out Nathan William’s The Sales Funnel Book: How To Multiply Your Business With Marketing Automation.
Posting banners are probably the most common yet least profitable avenue to earn. This strategy is simple. All you have to do is to look for an article related to your product and post a banner on the middle or sidebar of that particular website. No need to come up with a long anchor text. Just think of a 5 to 10-word catchphrase which will easily capture the site’s audience.
Since the banners are somewhat related to the offer, there is a chance that a couple of traffic will convert. However, the earnings-per-click (EPC) will be low since the author does not directly recommend the product to its readers. Also note that often the author of the site will charge you for your ad so it is important to get a sense of how well your ad will convert to make sure all your profits don’t disappear.
Check out this free ad maker for newbies like you!
Use Marketplace Statistics
ClickBank has a feature where both vendors and affiliates can review statistics. The analytics will help you see which product of yours are successful and which ones are selling poorly. If you want to expand your market, you can also use the data obtained from here to know which products will fit your portfolio.
Publish A List Post
Most readers prefer a list post. They can be a powerful tool since they are easy to understand and scan through. You may write about different list posts like best books, apps, money-making strategies, or tools. Here is an example of one we recently did. In there, you may also add an affiliate link of your product in ClickBank to a few items on your list.
Find our what’s Trending
Another strategy is to see what is trending in the news (try Buzzsumo), RSS Feeds like Feedly, on social media with tools such as Social Pilot and websites with Buzzfeed to understand what’s hot. Then find Clickbank products that could map well to what is being talked about currently. where individuals are talking about these trends. For example, you may see an influx of individuals wanted to work from home. And you can see there are work at home mom groups created on
CB Passive Income Program
Just like everything, getting ramped up and making money takes time. However, we found a program that was pretty impressive to shrink the time it takes for you to be successful on ClickBank. Patrick Chan had been wildly successful himself on the platform making over $900,000 in a single month. He documented his process and recently launched CB Passive Income Elite Program which has helped thousands of individuals succeed.
What’s also very cool is that his methods can work for any affiliate network, not just ClickBank. I highly suggest that you take a look at his free workshop to see if it’s right for you:
Starting ClickBank is not difficult but takes time, focus and some investment. Once you learn the ins and outs of the affiliate marketing game, you will be able to generate a larger amount of money in a smaller amount of time. Just make sure to create a perfect strategy plan that will ensure the maximization of your earnings with a long term outlook.
If you want to learn more about ClickBank, try studying the book ClickBank Affiliate Marketing by Mark Weston and Clickbank Affiliate Marketing Bible: How To Earn A Passive Online Income by Darren Ackers.