How to Make Money with iFunny
The Wealth Gang team writes about financial information, passive income ideas, apps, programs, cash management tools and other wealth gadgets that we think you might want to use or learn more about. Sometimes, we write about products, services or items that might be associated with affiliate partnerships. In these instances, we will earn a small percentage of the revenue from sales. There is, of course, no cost to you.
Thank you for all your support! Without you, we could not keep this site running. Gang Gang!
How to Make Money with iFunny
Do you like memes? More importantly, do you enjoy making memes? If you do, you should know that you can actually make money by doing just that – making memes!
We all know that with the rise of the internet, more and more money-making opportunities rose with it. You can now earn thousands of dollars sitting in your bedroom, making videos, watching videos, or transcribing. However, they may not appeal to you if you do not enjoy doing them. Which is why we present to you a better way to make money online – by posting memes at iFunny!
If you’ve never heard of this platform before, it’s about time you check it out. But here’s a mini-guide to how to make money with iFunny.
What is iFunny?
iFunny is a mobile application where users can view, share, and comment on memes. You can find it in the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Amazon. They also have a website at iFunny.co where you can enjoy viewing and posting memes.
With millions of downloads, iFunny has become one of the best apps for entertainment. In fact, in 2014, iFunny was included in the top 10 most popular apps in the US. And despite all that, iFunny remains free of charge for its users to enjoy. After all, one of their goals is “to make the whole world smile.”
However, it is essential to take note that due to some references, the app has an age rating. In the google play store, it is rated 16+, and 17+ in the apple app store. Kids below this age should refrain from using the app and the website.
One great thing about it is you actually do not need to make an account to use the app. This is perfect for those who simply want to browse and laugh at memes. However, some features can only be accessed if you have an account.
For example, registered users can subscribe to other users. So, if you find a user who matches your humor, you can follow them to keep updated with their posts. You can like or dislike posts and even comment on them; your comments can also be memes! Moreover, you can join chat groups where you can interact with other registered users.
But most importantly, being a registered user allows you to have your page and post your own memes. This is important if you intend to make money out of iFunny. If you want to find out how, continue reading our guide below.
How to Make Money on iFunny
The first thing you have to do is to create an account. You only need an e-mail address, then enter a password, and choose a username. They will then ask for your birthdate. As previously mentioned, you have to be over the age of 16 to be able to use the app.
Once you’ve made the account, you can start posting! Make sure that your posts are relatable, funny, and high quality. This way, you can earn more subscribers and increase the chance of making money with iFunny. Below are some tips to guide you in posting.
- Understand your audience. Take some time to browse the app and check what kinds of posts get featured and liked. Go through the profiles of the users with the most subscribers and take note of their posts. Join chat rooms and understand the humor of iFunny’s users.
- Find your niche. This will enable you to build a following. A niche is the main group to which your posts are targeted. Having a niche narrows down the humor that you want to portray. By doing so, you can think of posts more quickly and be able to post more frequently.
- Be original. Make sure that your posts have not been posted before. With the “unfunny” or “dislike” button, repeat posts are bound to have fewer likes.
- Stay relevant. Memes evolve every day, the same way some memes die every day. Posting outdated memes would make your profile irrelevant, to the point that some subscribers might unsubscribe from you!
- Update frequently. Be conscientious in posting. If possible, post daily! The more content you have, the more your posts get out there. If more people see your posts, you’re bound to get more subscribers.
- Interact with subscribers. Use the comment section of your posts and respond to the comments. You can even do better by creating or joining a chat room to talk with your subscribers!
As you keep posting, you’ll be able to find your own ways to improve, so just persevere!
One additional thing to take note of is your posts usually fall under the “collective” category upon posting. However, if the moderators see your posts and find them more hilarious than others, your post can get featured!
Now, the Featured section is basically the homepage of the app. This is updated three times per day and contains only about 60 posts per cycle. Usually, posts don’t need to have too many likes to get featured. But, getting more likes does increase your chances of getting noticed by the moderators. And since it is highly curated, your chances of getting more subscribers increase when you get featured.
Once you have a lot of subscribers, you can start earning some money. There are two ways you can make money with iFunny: selling accounts and featuring ads.
Die-hard users of iFunny tend to become obsessed with subscribers – the same way Instagram users become obsessed with likes. However, some users actually take advantage of this by posting quality content and getting more subscribers. Once they have a lot of subscribers, they sell the account to those who want it.
If you do decide to do this, here are some tips for you:
- When creating your account, use a new e-mail address that you are not using anywhere else.
- Post quality content that will enable you to gain real subscribers.
- Interact with your subscribers, and if possible find another platform to interact with them
- Get as much Featured content as possible as iFunny users can see this number.
- Advertise your account through other platforms such as Reddit. The subreddit r/iFunny always has a thread where people can advertise their iFunny accounts.
- Once you have a lot of subscribers, it’s time to sell your account! You can try selling it via Reddit, MC-market, and other forums, or even to your subscribers.
- The more subscribers and featured content you have, the higher the price people will pay. Some accounts go for $20, but more popular accounts can reach up to $200.
If you’ve decided that selling accounts is not for you, you can try featuring advertisements. You can do so through cost-per-action marketing. Simply put, cost-per-action (CPA) marketing, pays you whenever someone does an action based on your advertisement.
How it works is you basically advertise a link. Then a user will click on it and perform a task or a series of tasks. Responsibilities include: playing a video, downloading an app, signing up for a newsletter, etc. And once they’ve done a task, you will get paid.
Now, how much can you earn by doing CPA marketing? Unfortunately, we cannot give you a specific value of how much you can make with CPA. Per conversion, it can range from $0.10 to $10. For harder actions, you can get paid up to $50 for a single click! Here are a few CPA marketing sites you can explore: MaxBounty, PeerFly, vCommission.
So how can you advertise through your iFunny account? Well, once you have a lot of subscribers, you have already gained some influence. With this, you can interact with your subscribers and provide them with the CPA links. You can also advertise through your profile description, be creative with it!
We do have a warning, however, if you intend to feature ads on your iFunny account. Make sure to read the rules of whichever affiliate website you choose. This is very important because you might get banned for not following the rules. This means that whatever earning you haven’t withdrawn yet will be taken back by them.
Who would have thought that making memes could be so profitable, right? Well, as you have read, you can actually do make money with memes through the iFunny app. And if that isn’t enough for you, there are other ways you can make money online. With the sheer number of people using the internet, there are bound to be more new ways to earn money.
The trick is to be creative. If you really want to earn money at the comfort of your home, you can find a way to do so. If your passion is making memes, make money along with it, with iFunny!
Current Top Offers
Invest in Commercial Real Estate With As Little As $10
Get a $50 bonus for creating and funding a new account
Invest spare change easily. Get $5 when you sign up for Acorns.
Earn an unlimited 1.5% back in Bitcoin on every purchase with the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card.
Put your crypto to work. Get up to a $250 crypto bonus with a transfer of $100 or more in crypto.